CELEBRITY: ANGELINA JOLIE AND BRAD PITT ARE ENGAGED!

UPDATE:

“Yes, it’s confirmed. It is a promise for the future and their kids are very happy,” Pitt’s manager Cynthia Pett-Dante tells Lifeline Live. “There’s no date set at this time. Brad designed the ring.”

Well that will teach me for saying this morning that I secretly wish that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie would split up because they are now engaged!

Beverly Hills jeweler Robert Procop has told The Hollywood Reporter that he is the creator of the engagement ring that Angelina Jolie flashed (above) during a museum visit on Wednesday.

A rep for the jeweler (who I would imagine has permission to tell people this) says, “I can confirm that, yes, Robert Procop did indeed design an engagement ring for Angelina Jolie, designed in collaboration with Brad Pitt.”

Jolie was seen wearing the ring on April 11th (pictured above) at a private viewing of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art’s Chinese Galleries and took son Pax along too who looks hilariously bored by it all.

Procop tells THR: “Brad had a specific vision for this ring, which he realized over a year long collaboration.” A year?- Wow. Wonder how much it cost?

“He wanted every aspect of it to be perfect, so I was able to locate a diamond of the finest quality and cut it to an exact custom size and shape to suite Angelina’s hand. Brad was always heavily involved, overseeing every aspect of the creative design evolution. The side diamonds are specially cut to encircle her finger. Each diamond is of the highest gem quality.”

Well if you ask me this is excellent news. Celebrity gossip’s thin on the ground at the moment and what we all need is a big summer wedding at the sprawling pad that Brad’s offshore trust owns- Chateau Miraval – in Brignoles, France. Which happens to be a stone’s throw from where I live.

It is just the shot in the arm we all (by this I mean juicy showbiz news addicts) crave (along with Jennifer Aniston having an impossibly beautiful baby).

It’ll be great having a laugh at her skeletal frame in a wedding dress getting side-eyed by George Clooney as she leg-bombs her way up the aisle.

By the way, Brad first proposed to Angelina in summer 2005 when she told him she was pregnant with Shiloh. This is from a very close source, who added that Ange thought Brad adopting Maddox and Zahara was a bigger commitment than marriage and so told him that she wasn’t interested in a wedding.

When Brad promised to take Angelina up the aisle this probably isn’t what he had in mind.

This entry was posted in Celebrity and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

87 Responses to CELEBRITY: ANGELINA JOLIE AND BRAD PITT ARE ENGAGED!

1. Megusta says:

Barf. Now we would be even more over saturated with these two.

2. Megusta says:

Also, i didn’t know gays were allowed to be married. LOL. These two milked that thing till they realized that nobody gave a fuck anymore.

• twiggy twiggy says:

Well it is rolling out slowly but surely in the US. Depends on the state. But yes good call Megusta on calling them out on it, I remember their bold proclamation too!

3. Suzanne says:

You hear so much about the Temp Kids (once they get older they’ll be chucked to one side) you forget these two actually managed to breed. EWWW!

4. Jemma says:

Her wedding dress will need a big slit in it so she can stick that leg waay out in the pictures. To me, this is all about attention and maybe it’s the sites I frequent but the only attention I see them getting is the mocking kind.

How many years were Helen Hunt and Hank Azaria together before they married. That marriage brought them to a swift end.

5. Sean says:

It appears that everything from architecture to jewelry design has suffered from the success of Mr. Pitt’s acting career. Why does he continue to make movies when his talents clearly lie elsewhere in myriad creative fields?
    His artistic vision is an eternal and searing flame.

Angelina should get him Lego as a wedding gift. Expensive Lego obv.

6. Eva says:

The divorce will be glorious. LMAO

7. canuck says:

Geez, if Aniston’s ring was designed around her nipple, Jolie’s looks like it’s designed around her waistline.

8. YAY. Blood Diamonds. How humanitarian of him.

BARF.

9. canuck says:

Heh, the woman’s film career is dwindling to nothing, her foray into writing and directing was laughable, is it any wonder she feels the need to get married? At least she’ll have job security in something, or at the very least, secure herself a lucrative severence package. This was pretty much their last trump card, press wise.

10. Beta says:

Ive been getting my daily dose of gossip, and after reading this I had to come to this site :D
    omg, im sick of the loons going overdrive
    2 things, “Brad was always heavily involved”-> yeah, whatever ¬_¬
    and the last sentence, what do you mean? that AJ accepted BP 2005′s marriage proposal now and that he is not sure about her anymore? (or am I just reading more than what is said?)

• BOHOMOTH says:

that last line- it was a silly joke regarding an*l sex. In the UK we use taking someone up the aisle meaning they’re doing them up the azz.

But in all seriousness: I know for a fact Brad proposed to her in 2005 I would swear on the bible in a court of law to attest to that fact it’s from a source so close.

They have had problems to the point where, she texted a friend last year saying she was miserable and didn’t care so long as the kids were happy- which makes me think that is what this engagement is all about…

• canuck says:

Kids aside (and if you’re a mature adult, that can be handled in such a way that it’s not tramautically lifechanging, especially in their profession) the only person who would actually lose in this is likely to be Pitt. Yes, the shadow of his past marriage lays over his current relationship and leaving his baby momma née mistress would make him look like a complete flake who can’t maintain a relationship. Most of the Brangelina fans seem to be Jolie fans at heart and if she gave them a good enough reason to continue to see her as being “strong” while she blows off Pitt as “not good enough”, they’d buy it. Aniston was way too nice in the aftermath of their split. I’m pretty sure that Jolie wouldn’t be nearly as “peace and love” as Jen was.

Aniston must count her blessings on a regular basis for having decided to put off having kids with Pitt. To quote a friend… “Getting divorced to be with someone else only guarantees that 7 years down the road, you have the same problems with half the bank account”.

• Beta says:

thanks for the english class jejej :D

11. Keys says:

Really why bother…

12. Dela says:

The woman’s career is dwindling? but she’s filming a movie with a $150mil production cost.
    Congrats to both Angie and Brad… There are now 1260 articles on google about the announcement.

• canuck says:

She hasn’t been in front of a camera for two and a half years. She’s the only actor who isn’t just “rumoured” to be in Maleficent. Which is supposedly starting filming in 6 weeks. She recently took on an agent to get parts. She was shamelessly hitting up Amoldovar for a job on camera and leg-bombed like crazy for attention at the Oscars. All of that spells DWINDLING career.

Now, she’s going the Kim Kardashian route. I wonder how much she’ll sell her wedding photos for? Girl’s got to earn a living somehow.

• Beta says:

omg, NO
        if almodovar hires her I will have to oficially be over his movies :P
        I hope he sticks with Pe.

• JayMe says:

You may not like her but you couldn’t be more wrong about the state of her career if you were tripping on the greatest acid available to mankind. The agent she took on was for writing and/or directing work – not acting. And don’t kid yourself Almodovar would give his right arm to have Jolie in one of his films.

• canuck says:

She signed with UTA for the writing and directing. She later signed with IFA Talent for acting roles. Supposedly, she needs them “to find roles in smaller, independently financed films, not studio tentpoles or franchises”. In other words, she’s taken on someone to find her acting jobs because they aren’t being offered to her.

• canuck says:

@beta: he politely brushed her off while pretending to not speak very good English. I’m sure there’s a video of it on YouTube. They were both being interviewed by different people, she literally walked away from hers and interrupted his to try and get him to promise on camera that they would work together.

13. Dela says:

Also, it took Brad a year to design the ring because he wanted special diamonds/cuts..How romantic.. Im sure we are now awaiting JA’s announcement to top that.5.4.3. 2.1.. It’s coming

• Megusta says:

**rolling my eyes** why should Jennifer care? The woman has long made her peace and left it all behind. You should stop bringing her into this. Has nothing to do with her.

• sylly says:

Totally agree. I am about sick of people dragging Aniston’s name into everything these publicity hores do. For Christ’s sake, she gets more shitt for what these two do than for anything she does on her own. Give it rest, already.

• BigMama3g says:

I have often wondered if she and Debbie Reynolds are secret buddies. I suspect Debs has a sympathetic ear.

• canuck says:

If I’m not mistaken, Debbie Commented on the triangle at some point. Something along the lines that Aniston and Jolie could be friends someday. Of course, that only happens after the so-called “prize” (aka cheating bastard) has done it to you both.

• canuck says:

I think “a year” to design is rather an exaggeration. Jewellery designs can be put together and modified very quickly these days via CAD-CAM programs like Rhino, which then give you a very realistic looking printout of what the final result will look like. If you don’t like it, you can edit, just like one would do with a Word document. Ditto for new faceting designs. Diamond cuts are designed to maximize fire and brilliance and parameters to make that happen aren’t guesswork.

• Beta says:

yes, I also give a big sideeye to the “brad was heaviliy involved” sh!t
        yeah, he loves modern art and architecture and fancy stuff, but diamond cutting and jewel designs are a career on their own, you dont want to waste a valuable stone with a rubbish cut

• canuck says:

I have to say… a client who takes a whole year to design a ring is a client who has changed their mind over and over and over. Not that we’ve seen a good shot of the ring, but I kind of have the feeling that he went for a Frank Lloyd Wright – Falling Waters meets the Barrel chair thing.

Hopefully we’ll get a better shot of the ring sometime soon. The couple of shots I’ve seen so far show dead looking yellowish stones, but that’s likely the fault of the lighting.

And yeah, cut is the most important of the 4 C’s. An IF, D colour diamond will look like a lump of glass if it’s not well cut.

14. Dee says:

I wonder how much moola they are going to make off their latest PR gimmick?

People magazine, will pay them gabillions of dollars…………..wait for it. The engagement
    photo’s and the gushing exclusive interviews, the wedding album, oh and all of the funds collected, of course, (cough cough) will go to charity. Yea, the Jolie-Pitt foundation……

this is going to be a loons wet dream come true….

After 6 kids, and 7 yrs, it took Brad to convince her to marry him? Yea right, this chick set this in motion in 2005, when she accidently got herself “with child”. i wonder if she gave him an ultimatum…either put a ring on it, or get the hell out……

Oh well, he gave up his balls years ago, this time she has him by his nutsack.

I wonder what she’ll get married in this time. For her first wedding she wrote Johnny Lee Millers name in her own blood on white shirt. With BBT, it was jeans, top and a tattoo of his name on her private parts…

We’ll see it this wedding ever takes place, or it’s just another gimmick in a long line of gimmicks these two do for PR.

Can’t buy anymore beebies. Can’t have bio children with an anorexic body…what to do? Oh yea….engagement! PPPFFFT. These two are so predictable. They must really be hard up for cash!

15. koko says:

Congrats to them. I have no dog in the stupid triangle fight.

16. Mojojojo says:

There´s really no need, they were already very much committed after 7 years and 6 children, They have done everything backwards so why not just go sign some papers and get it over with instead of these press releases? I see a lot of media attention between now and the actual marriage, this is going to be dragged out so bad *sigh* Well at least people will shut up about them not being legit because she could not snatch that ring even though not everybody sees marriage as an important stepstone in a relationship.

17. Bips says:

Am I the only one grossed out by the fact that he considered Maddox his son and adopted Zahara with Jolie, but it wasn’t until she was pregnant with their biological child that he felt the need to propose? Don’t get me wrong: they don’t need to be married to have children, but what was it about conceiving a child that was so different?

Ugh.

• Beta says:

I agree with you. Your child is your child, independently if it comes through your vagina or from another woman’s.

18. canuck says:

I like how his rep makes a point of mentioning that the kids are happy. You know, since gays still can’t get married everywhere.

• Mojojojo says:

What do you mean? Can’t their children be happy despite the fact that homosexuals can’t get married everywhere? I doubt that is something that is on their mind (maybe the oldest children are more aware from it). And if you’re are talking about the Brange point of view: if I would make that promise and my children would try and persuade me to break it then sorry but equality for all or not but my children are n°1. I’m not going to put a whole community above my children’s wishes. It’s unfortunate that they kept bragging about it in the press so now they are getting called out on it but at least the children are happy. Also, Degeneres encouraged PItt to get married anyway and they have the support of a gay activist group (TMZ) so I don’t think the gay community is as gutted as some like to believe. Until now, there isn’t much backlash but who knows. Maybe even homosexuals knows that sometimes a family decision/need tops the “greater good” . They still have Gaga, Madonna and other celebs to coattail on this popular farce to support the gay community and anti-bullying. Their backs are covered even without the Brange…

• canuck says:

What do I mean? Why… I mean that Pitt said they wouldn’t get married until all gays could marry. Since then, given that gays can’t and won’t be able to marry everywhere anytime in the near future, they have been floating the “the kids want us to” exception rule because Pitt is an idiot and Jolie probably smacked hm across the head after that comment and said “You effing idiot, now you’ve done it!”. His rep obviously had to remind everyone of the “our kids want it” exception to the “I’m a lying hypocrite” rule.

Surely you’re not so stupid that I actuallŷ had to explain that to you, are you? If you are, think about tubal ligation.

P.S. You don’t need a lawyer for that.

19. canuck says:

Is anyone else kind of going “meh, a white diamond, you’re right Brad, you ARE boring”?

20. Dela says:

There are now over 2000 articles about the engagement. According to Forbes ,People magazine threw their cover story this week in the thrash can in favor of Brad/Angelina and their relationship throughout the years .Brad’s brother just commented to the local Missouri news that “Angie’s been part of the family since day One” and that he’s so happy.

21. BOHOMOTH says:

Aw poor Doug Pitt. I remember that in fact, around day one, he told some people at his Rotary Club that the family will always love Jen and he wound up getting Team Aniston bumper stickers put on his car by a local prankster who tried to take pictures. But he called the Police.

22. Sassy says:

hey they’ve been together for better or worse already for 7 years. if he wants to put a ring on it for the kids and to end the triangle for ever so be it. Now if only Jen could tie the knot with broody boy and it will end the speculation – i’d be happy.

on another note i LOVE how the antis who were predicting their breakup daily are trying to spin spin spin this ……it amuses me LOL

23. just me says:

I never believed that Brad could sire kids. I still don’t; but I’d love for a sleuth to get the dna of BP and his so-called natural children. Then, I’d apologize to the world, and congratulate him.
    Spending a year on designing the ring? He must be tired! Lol!
    I have met a lot of gays in my time. Brad was a favorite with old men and the young, feminine type WHEN HE WAS YOUNG! Now, he’s not mentioned at all. So I doubt that BP’s marriage ploy (?) will be on their radar. Well, at least those who don’t own blogs.
    Smart move by Angelina; but congrats to the public who refuse to be fooled. Of course, Brangelina owns the media, so they know how to milk the marriage news for all its worth.. They used the gay marriage, the charity causes and their babies from foreign countries news for all they could get! Now, it’s time to use the marriage agenda. People love weddings; and it’s just right up their alley.

• JayMe says:

Please just stop. There has never been any such talk in the LGBT community and if there had ever been that kind of talk about someone as famous as Brad Pitt we would know it. So glad you “have met a lot of gays in [your] time.” LOL!

24. BOHOMOTH says:

@canuck: “Getting divorced to be with someone else only guarantees that 7 years down the road, you have the same problems with half the bank account”.

Yep word. I would LOVE to see the Jolie-Pitt pre-nup. Remember the news of the world got sued for saying they’d drawn up a pre-nup type document ? Well, at the time it turns out that Braddy Daddy was commissioning an engagement ring so… also, my sources say that AJ has NO money left that she “gave it all away to charity” (I’ll post on this Mon explaining more) so that explains the “year long design of the ring” basically, that’s how long their lawyers took to hammer out the pre-nup….

• canuck says:

You know, that does absolutely NOT surprise me. Those charities seem to me to be tax havens rather than real entities. Can’t wait to hea what you have to divulge on Monday.

• canuck says:

Oh, what a wicked web we weave, when we practise to deceive… :)

• Beta says:

im coming back on monday ;)

• Beta says:

im coming back on monday ;)
      have a nice weekend !

• BOHOMOTH says:

As Brange’s mate Bono would say: U2 xx

• canuck says:

He and Aniston didn’t have a pre-nup, did they?
        That said, if they’ve hammered out an American pre-nup, that would pretty much preclude a French marriage, or at least the legally binding one although they could do one for show in France. Wouldn’t it?

• Guestbitch says:

Love the quotation marks around “gave it all to charity.” Can’t wait to hear where the money REALLY is. I would believe that dull stoner Pitt might need an entire year to “design” a very ordinary ring, but the pre-nup must also be pretty complicated. Does anyone know whether Pitt ever adopted the three oldest kids? All he said in the Parade interview was “Because we aren’t married, I can’t adopt. Angie adopts.” Does that mean Voight adopts initially and he joins in later when the kids are in the States, or does it mean that after all these years of supposedly being the oldest kids’ “dad,” he is nothing more to them than their “mother’s” boyfriend?

• JayMe says:

The NOTW did not get sued because they wrote that they drew up a pre-nup. Go back and review the law suit and the settlement. That story was in January 2010 and claimed – falsely as it turned out and as the NOTW admitted in its retraction and apology – that Jolie and Pitt were meeting with lawyers and that separation and separate custody of their six children was imminent. Obviously if Pitt had been working on the engagement ring for a year then he started in 2011 and not a year earlier in January 2010.

Seriously, Boho, do you need help on research cause I’m happy to help.

25. BOHOMOTH says:

/me taps fingers*

26. koko says:

The funniest thing I have read all day is that Angie has no money because she gave to charity. Seriuosly come up with better dirt. Getting dvorced and being with someone else just seems you are both not happy with your marriage, I mean am I the only one who remembers interviews from when they were both married that makes you scratch your head and wonder why these 2 ever married or are still together?
    They both seem to be with the right person now so I don’t understand why fans are still playing dirty and name calling.

27. lindalieu says:

I’m so sick of hearing about these two fame whoring tools.

28. MildredFierce says:

I love this site and enjoy the branjen posts but the accompanying threads seriously creep me out.

29. Shana Davis says:

There is no way that woman can ever walk down the aisle without two legs bombs goin’ off. That is something that will hang around forever. There has been a media and public distaste for sooooo long. And no one can put a finger on it…

30. LuxLisbon says:

There is so much ANGER on this thread. So weird. You don’t even know these people and they sure as he’ll don’t give a flying crap about any of us. Get angry about what’s happening in Afghanistan or the Republican candidate stating he’s gonna put through a bill which allows states to make abortion illegal.

If you are getting angry about Ange and BP getting wed you really, REALLY need to look at your priorities in life.

• Bips says:

Oh, I have enough rage in me for all of it; being annoyed by these idiots is how I unwind from the anger I feel about all those things you describe. This is a crisp glass of evening chardonnay by the pool at the Kabul Hilton.

What I don’t like, that I’ve seen on other threads on Boho, is flame wars from other sites being played out in the comments here – that’s just tedious.

• LuxLisbon says:

Yeah, Bips, but there is a difference between coming on and having a laugh and slag of these silly Hollywood types and getting rude about the quality of the content etc.

As for the last part completely weird and as Miss Mildred say’s quite creepy.

• Bips says:

Yeah, you’re totally right about that. I’m reading comments out of order as they come through on my phone – if you’re referring to people being rude to and about Boho, then I’m totally with you.

31. MildredFierce says:

Go luxie.. go luxie.. *makes stirring motion with both arms*

32. BOHOMOTH says:

Well, I deleted the nastiest comments but some I left for comedy value. I just want us all to get along and take the p*ss out of deserving celebrities. *gets out pom poms and mini-skirt and rah rahs* : “Go Luxie, Go Luxie!” rawr! you regulars crack me up. And, next week, we’re launching our brand new all-singing and dancing site: *high kicks and does back in* “Yey”.

33. LuxLisbon says:

It’s just plain odd though isn’t it? Like you say, let’s all get along and have a laugh at these funny people with their strange lives It ain’t your mum, your sister, or your second cousin being discussed. Don’t get so emotionally involved.

I love this site, it cracks me up everyday. *Hugz*

• BOHOMOTH says:

*Hugz back* yeah, Brange fans and Canesten fans are a particular brand of crazy. No idea why- perhaps I can get a shrink to comment on it? It’d be interesting …

Anyway, we can all have a laugh at them/ or ignore in the meantime…

34. MildredFierce says:

.. new site oh yes and y’know the creepy *holds nose* is contained to a few threads and easy to scroll through but man … you wonder how these a listers ever go out in public the intensity of some people’s hatred. Very uncool.

• BOHOMOTH says:

Yep. Scary. These psycho frothing at the mouth type fans must lower their celeb “currency”. If i was Brange or Jen Aniston, I’d want intelligent and coherent fans open to intellectual debate not borderline psychotic stalkers.

35. Sassy says:

oh did i miss some DRAMA?? Dammit i love seeing the loons get their blood worked up defending their idols.

36. MIA says:

If their kids are pressuring them to get married, why not just go and get married? Why all the posturing with an engagement?? Did they announce this “promise for the future” because this way it is more lucrative to Brangelina, Inc., then just annoucing a wedding?? This way

they can play this out for the maximum benefits?? Are they that hard up for money?? Or have they seen their stock in the “brand” going down, so they needed to do something like this, to gain back favor with the public and make a ton of money off it as well?

No mention of LOVE or wanting to be comitted to each other. It was because the KIDS were pressuring him/her to do it. What a way to start a marriage is by being pressured into it.