MIND THE GAP: VANESSA PARADIS SAYS HER TEETH HAVE HIDDEN TALENTS

Vanessa Paradis could gnaw an apple through a tennis racquet and says she wouldn't have it any other way. "Why would I fix them? I was born with them," she tells Harpers Bazaar. "I can spit water through them. They're useful!" I don't understand why they'd even ask her that question, it's not like they're freaky and didn't Madge pay to get a gap in her teeth? I much prefer them to those awful over-sized dazzling white veneers that some celebs get. Yes, I'm looking at you dentures-wearing Peaches Geldof. The 39-year-old actress adds that she's never had any cosmetic work done, and she doesn't plan to. "I don't work in America, so I don't feel the pressure," she says. Good on you love.

This entry was posted in Celebrity, Slider and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to MIND THE GAP: VANESSA PARADIS SAYS HER TEETH HAVE HIDDEN TALENTS

1. Canuck says:

I’ll bet she does that in the pool at her kids…

2. MizElizabeth says:

I think she’s gorgeous the way she is.

3. Jameson says:

I bet Johnny appreciated the gap when the heat was still on between them. ;)

4. jojo says:

My doctor has top and bottom veneers they are so distracting I just can’t stop looking straight at them.

5. Vee says:

i like gaps – in men and women.

6. sylly says:

Ahh, I admire people, like Lauren Hutton and Vanessa Paradis, who embrace their dental issues and who, like Hutton, actually make it part of her whole package. Nice for them.

But, here in America, teeth are an indication of your socioecomoic class, and people can be very mean about crooked teeth. My bottom teeth –which were not really obvious — were quite crooked, but my top teeth were straight, except for the front one, which lapped over the second front. You would not believe the insults and well-meaning advice I got over my teeth.

I can’t count the times I heard how drop-dead gorge I’d be if it weren’t for my teeth — seriously, I am not talking about buckteeth or anything else, just an overlapping front tooth. I worked my way through University and grad school in the service industry, and I’ll never forget the “tip” I got from a couple fat bitches when I was working as a waitress. They left a note saying, ” get your teeth fixed.” That was their “tip.” And I made a point of providing the best service I could to women dining alone, or with other women, because all my colleagues were convinced they were bad tippers, and so pretty ignored them as much as possible.

I had adult braces — they were worth every penny, and every bit of pain — three years of canker sores from those damned braces and hundreds of dollars; I had to quit smoking to pay for them. I love my teeth now; they changed my entire attitude! And — no lie — I’ve had about half a dozen strangers in places like grocery stores tell me what “pretty” teeth I have over the last ten years or so. Weirdly empowering.

But then I think fillers and botox are wonderful also, so I’m pretty sure that Vanessa and I have a completely different aesthetic. But she has that “joker” smile, for lack of a better word, in the picture you show. That usually denotes a little bit too much cheek filler. I personally don’t consider filler or botox, cosmetic “work” (if it does’t involve a knife, and is reversible, I son’t consider it work — my own definition, for sure); Perhaps, Vanessa and I define “work” in the same way :)

7. Guest says:

How rude of them to even ask. Obviously she is fine with them.

Am I the only one who thinks she left Johnny and not the other way around? I think she just grew bored with him and went elsewhere. How very French! I mean no judgment about it at all and no offense to the French.

8. Freak on a Leash says:

She’s beautiful. Depp’s loss.

9. Morning glory says:

I think she’s beautiful because she’s different from every other perfect toothed actress out there. They all look the same nowadays! I also could use braces but I made the decision that I would not, not everybody has to look the same with perfect teeth.

10. light says:

she has a big gap teeth and her teeth is bend .she seems so old and like a poor woman. her lip deformed because of her teeth . so ugly. at least she can straight them and make it small gap .

11. jason says:

this isn’t gap teeth ,it seems one of her tooth fell.it’s so unpleasant, how she is model and singer .she has ugly smile and her reason is ridiculous .

12. Cassidy says:

The gap between her teeth is really noticeable, and although it’s completely her decision, I would wonder how much prettier her smile would be with that fixed. Well, I guess looks aren’t everything. I just think it would really enhance her smile to have that fixed.

13. kim Sy says:

When she was young her gap teeth looks awesome. But she forgot she is old….it’s better for her to have a small gap….no offence….

14. Madison says:

Society. Never notices true beauty at first glimpse….. You ppl truly sicken me.

15. Teeth Gap Solution says:

I am agree with “VANESSA PARADIS”.You look nice to see you with teeth gap.You are celebrity so teeth gap is not problem for you but it is problem for us.

thanks