It’s not a Hollywood awards show unless you have the post-show gif round up of the best bits the next day, which really is the only way to figure out what happened if you didn’t stay up all night.
So without further ado, the Golden Globes in gifs.
1. J-Law photo-bombs Taylor Swift on the red carpet.
2. Julia Louis Dreyfus smokes an e-cigarette in shades during the opening monologue while turning down Reese Witherspoon’s selfie request.
3. Jacqueline Bisset gave a rambling acceptance speech for her award which illustrated perfectly the perils of hitting the open bar before the show’s even started.
4. P-Diddy was the Golden Globes presenter equivalent of cringy dad dancing as he attempted to make jokes and then went in for a kiss with U2′s Bono – which the diminutive award-winning singer neatly ducked.
5. Cate Blanchett was just escaping from Kermit the Seacrest on E!’s red carpet when Bono exclaimed, “Goddess!”. She returned the compliment, saying, “Your first album was really good.” Lolgasm. (This isn’t a gif but deserves to be included).
6. Emma Thompson presented with a drink in one hand and her shoes in the other, which she promptly tossed over her shoulder.
7. Amy Poehler got a shoulder massage from U2′s Bono while she was nominated for an award.
8. And, Amy promptly made out with Bono when she actually won said award.
9. Jennifer Lawrence did a really good job of feigning surprise when she won an award.
10. And she gave her man Nicholas Hoult a huge smacker before she hit the stage to accept her award. D’aww.